Aller au menu Aller au contenu Aller à la recherche
  • Français
  • English

Practical details



Students are strongly advised to ask the French Consulate for detailed information concerning the conditions to be satisfied in order to study in a French language centre.If students intend to stay in France for over three months, they should obtain a visa from the French Consulate marked “étudiant", or “VLS-TS-Etudiant", before leaving their country (this does not apply to countries exempted from visas).

Arrival in Dijon

The compulsory placement test at the beginning of each session is always organized on the first Monday of the session. It is therefore advisable for students to plan to arrive in Dijon at the latest the day before, which means on the previous Sunday. A special reception service is organized at the local train station :

  • June 30th 2019
  • July 28th 2019
  • September 22nd 2019
  • January 26th 2020

Those days a shuttle will take you to your place of residence between 9 am and 12.30 am and from 2 pm until 7.30 pm.


Students should subsequently check in at the CIEF office to pay their tuition fees (by credit card, cheque, or in cash). They should bring with them their registration certificate.

Health insurance

  • Students from countries belonging to the European Union (EU) must collect the European Health Insurance Card before departure.
  • All other students will have the possibility of subscribing to the French Social Security

All medical expenses will be charged to students.


On the campus :

For your convenience, you will find several restaurants as well as cafeterias on the campus of the University of Burgundy.

Downtown :

Capital of Burgundy, Dijon is well known for its many diverse restaurants where you can taste the specialities of the region.


Students are insured for all the activities organized by the CIEF. However for all other risks linked to their journey and stay in France (accident, theft, illness, civil liability) they should take out personal insurance before their departure. As far as accommodation is concerned, extra insurance should also be arranged to cover the risk of fire, water damage and theft.


CIEF homeTel : (+33) 03-80-39-35-60cief@u-bourgogne fr…

Log In

Create an account